My name is Khara Wong-Ken and I am one of the social media interns with admissions this semester! I am a sophomore from Franklin/Murfreesboro, Tennessee majoring in Mathematics-Economics. Over the course of this semester, I get to share a bit about my life here at Furman, as well as some advice about Furman and college in general!
A few ways I would describe myself are:
- Vine Enthusiast – Vines are actually how my best friend and I became friends freshman year.
- Avid Concert Goer – Live music is by far my favorite thing to watch. I’ve been to over 20 concerts and music festivals and have seen about 43 different musicians live.
- Busy as a Bee – I am involved in multiple organizations on campus (Admissions Ambassadors, FCA, APO, and Pauper Players to name a few) and work part-time at Haywood Mall.
- Road-trip Junkie – I LOVE a good road trip! I probably love them so much because I can’t drive, but road trips always have the best food, conversation, and music. What’s not to love?!
- Super Awesome Playlist Maker – My music library is filled with playlists for any feeling/occasion/moment. My current favourite one is called April Flowers. It’s mainly a bunch of singer-songwriter songs that make me happy and in the mood for spring!
I’m sure more fun facts will pop up along the way, but that’s it for now! I am so excited to show you guys my side of Furman this spring! Keep an eye out for more posts on the here and on Instagram from me.
P.S. If you didn’t get the reference in my title, watch New Girl. I highly recommend!