Hey ya’ll it is Tatum and this week I am going to talk about some easy self-care rituals I have for college. Furman may seem like a perfect campus where no one has any problems. The student body is inspired and involved, but everyone has days where they don’t feel the best and need some self-love. So these are some of my go to’s in Greenville.
- Walk around the lake at sunset and listen to your favorite podcast or audiobook. I catch up on reading for class in the form of audiobook.
- Take a night for yourself. Order in take-out (Postmates delivers to campus woohoo), I usually get Chipotle, turn on your favorite show (mine is the Vampire Diaries), and put on a face-mask. Relaxing your brain, indulging in your favorite meal, and having clean skin what could be better. After I eat I’ll take a hot shower, drink a Sleepy Time hot tea, and get to bed early. This night of sleep allows my brain to reset and refresh for the next day.
- Go to Soul Yoga and get your sweat on! Soul Yoga has hot yoga classes for as little as 7$. They even sell merchandise and kombucha to get your Yogi energy flowing.
- Stop by Pink Mama’s Ice cream and get an ice cream sundae. My favorite is the Pink Motherload in a Pink Waffle cone!
- Rent a bike from the Physical Activity Center and ride to the farmer’s market Saturday morning. Fresh produce, being active, and some instagram worthy pictures with your trendy pick-ups from the farmer’s market.
- Find a friend with a sunroof on their car, pick a few of your favorite songs and do a “Frat Lap” on campus. (Basically just drive around with your windows down and the music as loud as possible). Dancing Queen by ABBA is a classic of course.
- Sit on the library patio and do your work on a nice day. This allows for you to get some much needed Vitamin D but also be productive. On weekends where I have a lot of schoolwork I try my best to do the work outside.
I write this blog to emphasize that there is no one way to de-stress during college but these are some ways that work for me. I find that being with people I love, being outside, and exercising are what make me the happiest. Hopefully this gave ya’ll some new ideas for how to relax after a long day of schoolwork or obligations.