As much as we may hate to admit it, we could all use help sometimes. With new situations comes plenty of questions, and what’s more of a new situation that COLLEGE!! Today I thought I’d share a very tips and tricks that have helped me throughout my first year here at Furman!
- GET INVOLVED! Find things you are truly passionate in and invest your time in them. I can guarantee you get get out TRIPLE what you put in!!
- STAY ACTIVE! The freshman 15 is real and so are all the amazing things you hear about our DH cookies!! Take time out of your day to hit the PAC or enjoy a walk around the lake! It helps both your mind and your body!!
- MEET WITH YOUR PROFESSORS!! Even something as simple as a ten minute meeting could me the difference in a letter grade, trust me!
- DON’T STRESS ABOUT YOUR MAJOR!! You have plenty of time to figure things out! Everything will fall into place!
- KEEP UP WITH YOU PLANNER/CALENDAR! If you’re like me you like to have a busy schedule, but keeping everything organized in a planner or calendar just makes everyone’s life easier!
- BE FRIENDS WITH UPPERCLASSMEN! Having these relationships helps the entire campus feel connected!
- DO THE READINGS! If your professor assigns them, I promise they are worth the read!
- SAY YES! Furman has so much to offer, all you have to do is say YES!